Watch this short video on how to send an earnest money request as a listing agent:
As a listing agent, once you are registered with Earnnest, you can log in through our app or app.earnest.com to begin your earnest transactions.
- From the home screen of our app or app.earnnest.com, enter your registered email and push "continue" to receive a one-time-use 4 digit code to your mobile number. The code expires in 10 minutes in order to ensure security.
- Enter your code and click "Sign In" to go to your transaction home screen. At this screen, you will see any existing transactions you currently have created, as well as the current status of all your transactions. Press the green plus sign at the top right of your screen to create a new earnest money transaction.
- In the new transaction's screen, select your role as a listing agent, enter the property address, and select your preferred escrow holder from the list. Your brokerage should have already linked us with its preferred escrow holder or holders, but if you do not see the holder you need, contact our account management team to set up the new escrow holder with Earnnest. After you have selected and filled in the necessary information, press "save property" to proceed.
- The screen will now display a summary of your earnest money request, named by the property address. Toward the bottom of the summary, press the green "Invite Buyer Agent" text to attach the buyer's agent to the transaction.
- Enter the buyer's agent's name, email and phone number, then press the "Invite Agent" button to send your request. The buyer's agent will receive notification of your request and be able to log in to Earnnest to pass the payment request on to their buyer.
Both you and the buyer agent will receive notifications as the transaction progresses; first when the buyer agent has requested the earnest payment and finally when the buyer has paid their earnest money.
Your transaction summary on your Earnnest home page will show the transaction status updated in real time, with the current stage of the transaction shown in bold at the bottom of the summary.
For more information or answers to any questions, contact Earnnest's support team at email@example.com.